Name: Brittany Johnson Title: Brown Eyes just one chapter rating: barely a PG13 As Shinosaki has to go off to collage Makoto is left alon. She nonanchalontly turns on the radio and hears a song that will change her perspective of things. In some places it is a tear jerker. It is a very touching story. The weather was beautiful I Tokyo that morning. Birds were chirping and everybody was happy except one gilr. Makoto Kino was in her apartment. She had been so for the past 3 weeks. She would leave for school. Walk around like a zombie and go straight home. Her sunshine was gone and all her days were dreary. Her sunshine was Shinosaki. Makoto recalls the day he left. ~Flashback~ She had promised herself she wouldn't cry seeing him off but her fountian of tears had overflowed. Shinosaki took a gentle hand and wiped a tear away. Makoto kept her face lowered so he couldn't see the pain in her eyes. Her hands were squeezing an overly-packed lunch box but making sure not to crush it. Shinosaki slowly lifetd her head so their eyes could meet. "Mako-chan, don't worry yourself. I will promise to come back on every vacation and week-end to see you." " Oh, Shino-chan, I am going to miss you so much. I promised I would let you go without tears but..." Makoto broke down on Shinosaki's. Her uncontrolable sobs were trying to be shushed by Shino-Chan. " Shh Shhh, Don't worry it will all be okay. It will be alright." Shinosaki soothed. " Oh Shino-Chan," Mako said drying up her tears ", I packed you this lunch cause I know hoe much you hate airplane food." Shinosaki looked down at his angel in his arms. She was his and he was the luckiest person alive to get her. He was going to France to study and he had to leave her behind. If he could he would have brought her along but he couldn't. He also felt unsafe about it. Would if a youma attacked that was to strong and she got hurt. It would be his fault as a Knight that she would get hurt. She slowly shifted her head so their gazes met. " Ok Shino-Chan, no more tears. This is a good thing for you and I want to make it a good experience. Now be brave and get on the plane." " Yes mother" Sino teased. He was hsppy she at least wasn't crying anymore. She was being that strong Mako-chan we all know and love. " Flight A to France will be boarding in exactly 20 minutes!" boomed the airport louspeaker. " Shino-Chan could you do me a favor before you go?" " Anything you want my goddess," " Actually I will do it for you."She slowly wrapped her arms around Shinosaki's neck while his arms went around her waist. They fell into a deep and passionate kiss. Waves and explosions of pleasure erupted in both of them. All too soon the loudspeaker went on again. " Flight A to France will be boarding now!" The messgae echoed through the airport. They reluctantly broke the kiss. " Make sure you visit me O' Prince of Jupiter" Lita exaggerated. " How could I forget, thy goddess of Jupiter" Shinsaki played along. The joked, hugged, and kissed until the last moment when he finally had to go. They slowly let their hands part until they were just out of reach. They gave each other reassuring smiles and yet so sadly walked away. ~End Flashback~ Now Makoto was really crying. Then she remebered. If she couldn't have in person why no have him in spirit. Zombie-like she walked and got as many photo albums as she could carry. Before she could even turn the cover page she realized something was missing. It was too quiet without Shino-Chan's ringing laughter to light up the room. She absentmindedly turned on the radio. How coincidental that "Brown eyes" by Destiny's Child was playing. As saying Shinosaki had the most beautiful brown eyes you could ever see in a person. You could just drown in their beauty. "Remebers the first day when I saw your face" Makoto was looking at the picture that was taken when they first met. Sparks went off as soon as they saw each other. Makoto was having trouble getting on the big kids swing becasue she refused to use the little one. He imediatly went to go help her on. They exchanged names and becaame friends, as did their parents. That picture was taken when Mako's parents were still alive. Shinosaki also had a copy of this picture. " Remember the first day when you smiled at me You stepped to me And then you said to me I was the woman you dreameed about" Mako turned the page to see a picture taken on her 13th birthday. Shinsaki had gotten her her pair of rose earings. She still wears them To this very day. She took her hand adn touched her ear and smiled. " Remeber the first day when you called my house Remember the first day that you took me out We had butterflies Although we tried to hide And we both had a beautiful night" Makoto took a look at the next picture and laughed. It was a good laugh that sounded like bells ringing. Mina and the others snapped this one. They somehow followed Mako and Shino on their date. They snapped a photo of Makoto leaning on Shinosaki's shoulder while his head rested on hers. The crazy part is they somehow got the picture from the front. What little sneaks they are. She eventually caught them and made them do her dishes. Ami actually had to take out her computer to find a solution to take the grease off the pan. " The way we held each other said the way we talked The way we laughed it felt so good to find true love I knew right then and there you were the one" Makoto didn't need a photo for this next memory. It was their first meeting on Jupiter. She was all alone in the ball room with nobody to dance with. All the others were to scared of her hight and strenght to even ask her. She watched as all the peoplebeautifully danced and wished she were one of them. Almost on cue her answers were granted. Shinsaki waled up to her. " What is such beauty doing here all alone. You should be out there dancing like the rest." All Makoto could do was blush. " Come you must dance with me." and just like that they were two swans on the floor. Mako snapped out of her trance and took a good listen to the music that was so appropriate at the moment: " I know that he loves me cause he told me so I know that he loves me cause his feelings show When he stares at me You see he cares for me You see that we are so deep in love I know that he loves me cause it's obvious I know that he loves me cause it's me he trusts You see he's missing me If he's not kissing me And when he looks at me his brown eyes tell his soul" This song was so reasurring to her at the moment. She couldn't listen to Rainy Day Man since Shino wasn't there so this would just have to do. It was true. Shinosaki had the most beautiful brown eyes. One time they just sat their getting lost in each others eyes. He always comented about her emeral green eyes and she always commented on his deep brown ones. " Remember the first day, the first day we kissed" Makoto could remember that day like it was yesterday. It was at Rei's Christmas Party for the scouts. It was at the temple so it was heavily decorated with mistltoes and good luck charms. She didn't know what had gotten into Ami that night. She walked around with a mistlteo on a stick and a camera. Lucky for Minako and Ami it didn't happen to them. She would walk around and get unsuspecting couples. She got Rei and Chad, Mako and Shino, and Usagi and Mamoru. Plus she got coppies for us and herself. That was her fisrt kiss with him, or at least real kiss. " Remeber the first day we had an argument We apoligized And then we comprimised And we havn't argued since" Yes, she rememeberd their first argument. It was over something so petty that she didn't even remember what it was about. But just like the song they made up and were friends again. " Remeber the first day we stopped playing games Rememeber the first day you fel in love with me It felt so good For you to say those words Cause I felt the same way too" Mako remembered when they stopped playing games. It was a little while after Rei's Christman party. They had met in the park. " Shino-Chan, sorry about the kiss but it was rules and..." Shinosaki had shushed her. " Mako-Chan, I am in love with you and I love you more than the brother and sister relationship that we have been sharing." At first Makoto had thought that the kiss had built up his testosterone but looking at the sincerity in his eyes showed truth. " Shino-Chan, during the kiss I was thinking the same thing." With that They drew each other into a passionate kiss. That was their first kiss that was not brotherly or sisterly or forced. It was their was of their own free will and they loved each moment of it. Makoto listened to the bridge and the chorus and then a new part came up that made a few droplets come from her eyes. " I'm so happy So happy that your in my life and baby Now that you a part me you've showeed showed me the true meaning of love" A few choice tears fell as the song finished up: " He looks at me And his brown eyes tell his soul" At that moment Makoto went out and got the new Destiny's Child Survivor. The moment she came in Shinosaki called her. " Hello Kino residence" " How's my goddess doing?" " Shinosaki! Oh I missed you so much, guess what, I got another CD!" " Another one?" " Yeah it's the Destiny's Child Survivor. I was listening on the radio and I heard one of their songs. It was called Brown Eyes. It made me think of you!" " Who's Destiny's Child" " One of America's hottest music bands. Another song that made me think of you was emotions as saying youm weren't there." "wow!" "Yeah well forget Destiny's Child a minute, when are you coming home?" I am getting in tommarow for memorial day holiday. " YESSSS!" ~Next Day~ " Oh Shino-Chan I missed you so much!" He was twirling her around in his arms. When he gently put her down they kissed passionatly like they never had before. When they broke apart their faces were flushed and they were out of breath. After exganging I missed yous Shinosaki wanted to ask her a question. " Mako-chan, can I ask you something and you have to promise not to freak." "OK, shoot." " Makoto Kino, will you do he honer of being my wife?" She freaked. " How could I say no to you?" She finally said. They drew each other into a longer and more passionate kiss then before. In the back of Makoto's mind she knew that no matter how far away he was that they will always love each other. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. And no matter what happens the outcome will always turn for the best.