************************************************************************* Legal Disclaimers! I do not own Sailor Moon. I do own Sailor Lunar though. Jupiter Knight is copyright Lady Jupiter(though I don’t mention him much in this chapter. Maybe I will in Chapter 2. *************************************************************************Sailor Angel, senshi_of_thunder@hotmail.com New Leader in a New Era Chapter 1 ~Birth of the New Leader~ Prologue: It is the year 2045. The Sailor Senshi have settled down, all have families of their own, but they are still the protectors of the Crystal civilizations. Since Neo-Queen Serenity is the full time ruler, the senshi are without a leader. Serenity was trying to choose a new leader for the senshi, and had in her mind one of them: Sailor Jupiter. Giving her the powers of a new crystal, the Imperial Lunar Crystal, Sailor Jupiter takes on the leadership with a new identity, Sailor Lunar. When a past evil attacks, Sailor Lunar must defeat all odds to save Crystal Tokyo. “Jupiter Supreme Oak Evolution!!” Eternal Sailor Jupiter shot out her razor chips at Eternal Sailor Mars. “Owww! Watch it!” “You know better, you were supposed to duck!” “Not true!” “Oh, yeah?!” “Yeah!” “Why, I outta-” “Girls! This is not the way mature Sailor Senshi are supposed to act! You are setting a bad example for your children!” Luna scolded. Sailor Jupiter looked over to the younger senshi’s training area. The younger scouts were watching and giggling at the scene before them. “Sorry Luna,” the senshi chorused. Luna sighed. “Especially you, Princess Lita, because you are the most prone to fight. And I don’t want the young Sailor Senshi learning your old bad habits.” “Yes Luna. I won’t do it again.” “Oh by the way, Serenity wanted to have a word with you immediately.” Sailor Jupiter shrugged and de transformed. She made her way to the stairs and up to Serenity’s courtroom. “Yeah Serena?” Only the older senshi were allowed to call Serenity by her past name. “I wanted to discuss something with you-” “If this is about yesterday’s incident with me and Mina, then I’m sor-” Serenity giggled. “No, it’s not about that. Actually, it’s about the position of leader of the senshi. I’ve been watching you, ever since I became unable to lead the senshi. And, I think you are the perfect candidate.” “Serena, I don’t know-” Serenity got up and pulled some sort of crystal from a box. “This, is the Imperial Lunar Crystal. My mother, the first Queen Serenity, gave it to me when I became leader. She said it would be the symbol of the new leader, when the time came. The leader of the scouts.” Serenity pulled out a jade locket, encased in gold, with a gold crescent moon burned in the top, and put the crystal in it. “This is now yours, the new leader of the Sailor Senshi. All you have to do is say, ‘Lunar Cosmic Power,’ to transform. Go ahead, try it.” “Okay. Lunar....Cosmic...POWER!!” It was exactly the same as Serenity’s Moon Cosmic, but her fuku was different. It had no sleeves, no stripe on the cape, and there was only one armband on each of the gloves. Her back bow was the same as when she was super, but also had green ribbons like Eternal Sailor Moon’s hanging down. Her boots were now calf high, and had three gold snaps, like the ones on a roller blade, on each one. A gold crescent moon dangled from each of her earrings, and one appeared in her tiara. The thing that connected her skirt to the fuku was the same as Super Sailor Moon’s, but instead of a heart, there was a gold crescent moon. “Way cool...” “Now, you will no longer be Sailor Jupiter. You are now Sailor Lunar. Oh, this is also yours.” Serenity handed Lita a long staff, similar to Pluto’s, that looked like the Moon Spiral Heart wand. “This is the Lunar Light staff. Keep it with you at all times. Now, whenever you want to attack, touch your right earring. A visor will cross your eyes, giving you somewhat of a portable computer.” Lita smiled. “Thanks for trusting me this much, Serena.” “No problem. See you later.” “Bye.” Lita walked down to the training room in her new fuku. She walked into the solitary practice room and started figuring out her attacks. “Let’s see..I know I have an attack called Lunar Crescent Sniper, but how do I use this?” She frowned, turning the staff over in her hands. “You say ‘Lunar Light Halation.” Sailor Pluto walked into the room. “How did you know that?” “The late Queen Serenity told me on the Moon Kingdom. I watched her create that crystal and staff. Try it.” Lita touched her right earring and a green visor appeared. She watched as the calculations and formulas flashed across the screen. “Lunar...Light...” She started spinning around. “HALATION!” She stopped and pointed the staff at the wall. A blinding flash of light followed by glowing crescent moons shot out from the staff. There was a deafening blast, then the smoke cleared. Where the wall once stood, there was now nothing but a dust cloud. “Whoa....I think I like this thing.” The whole attack looked exactly like Pluto’s Dead Scream. “Let me guess. You helped make it too.” Pluto grinned. “You *could* say that...” The other senshi, including the younger children and the knights(the senshi’s husbands/protectors) ran in. “What on Earth happened?! It sounded like an atomic bomb went off!” Sailor Venus complained. “Pluto, whose’s the new scout?” “What?! You don’t recognize me?” Lita touched her left earring and the visor disappeared. “What’s with the new outfit? Is that what Serenity wanted to talk to you about?” Venus asked. ~Should I tell them?~ Lita thought. “Serenity will tell you later.” Luna interrupted. Lita caught her protector glancing at her. Ken Miyaki/Jupiter Knight had been her best friend since they were little. Her feelings for him were stronger now, but she didn’t think he felt the same way. “Excuse me..” She mumbled, and ran out to the palace lake and gardens. “Everyone else is living happily ever after with there husbands and children. If we were all destined to fall in love with and marry our protectors, then why am I the only single one?” Lita picked up a rock and threw it into the lake, watching it skip across the water. “Pluto was wrong. We’re not destined for each other.” She growled. Suddenly there was a huge explosion. The force of the explosion hit Lita and she fell back on her butt. “We’re under attack! Everyone to your positions!” Luna yelled. Pluto appeared next to Lita. “You’re the only one who can tell us who the enemy is. Hold your staff up to your eyes and yell, ‘Lunar Light Reflection.’ It’s our only hope.” Lita nodded. “Lunar Light Reflection! Reveal to me the evil spirit!” By now the other scouts had crowded around her. Lita gasped as an image flashed onto the beam of light being emitted from her staff. “No..no..it can’t be...we defeated her eons ago....Galexia...?” A spine tingling laugh shook the air. “Yes, it is I, Galexia, here for my revenge! You puny Sailor brats thought you had me beat, didn’t you?” “As the leader of the scouts, I will not be intimidated by you!” Galexia laughed. “If you want to save your precious Crystal Tokyo, you will face me alone at midnight, at, let’s say, the Starlight Towers.” “I’ll be there, to destroy you!” Galexia laughed once more before vanishing. “What?! You’re our leader?” Sailor Mars exclaimed. “I guess so. That what Serenity wanted to talk to me about.” Luna walked up to Lita. “I don’t want you going, it might be a trap.” “Look. Serena faced enemies alone before. And so can I.” “But how? Your attacks aren’t strong enough...” Lita raised an eyebrow. “Oh? We’ll just see. I’m going to face her at midnight, and none of you can change my mind.” Lita de transformed and put her locket on to her college uniform bow. Walking out of the gardens, she headed to the temple room on the seventh floor. “Man, am I glad Raye taught me fire reading...” She knelt before the fire and closed her eyes. “Oh great fire...give me sight beyond sight....show me the battle...the battle to come....” She concentrated harder. She could feel sweat tricking down her face. “The battle to come...the battle to come....” Lita chanted the phrase over and over. Her eyes snapped open. A scene started to form in the fire. A blinding flash of light..then a figure she couldn’t recognize appeared. She sighed and got up. Pondering the meaning of the vision, she headed to her room. If she had stayed a minute longer...she would have seen the beam of light being emitted from a crystal, and Sailor Lunar fading away. *************************************************************************I know...I know. This is a really short and boring story..but hey, give me some credit. This is my first time writing fanfics. Chapter 2 WILL be coming soon, if I can get some extra time.